Thursday, 26 September 2013

My media consumption

My media consumption

I watch five to ten hours of TV a week, most of which is made up of films via Film 4 other channels that may show films on occasion. While at home (away from RNC) I will listen to morning news programs while having breakfast or talking to my parents or siblings. I read newspapers a lot less than I used to, perhaps once or twice every few weeks in comparison to when I am at home or even while I was in 6th Form when I read I every day. Most of my news comes from the radio which similarly I have listened to less since coming to RNC, I listen perhaps once or twice a week or more if it is on in the background, often Kerrang. I regularly buy and read magazines including Kerrang,My media consumption

I watch five to ten hours of TV a week, most of which is made up of films via Film 4 other channels that may show films on occasion. While at home (away from RNC) I will listen to morning news programs while having breakfast or talking to my parents or siblings. I read newspapers a lot less than I used to, perhaps once or twice every few weeks in comparison to when I am at home or even while I was in 6th Form when I read I every day. Most of my news comes from the radio which similarly I have listened to less since coming to RNC, I listen perhaps once or twice a week or more if it is on in the background, often Kerrang. I regularly buy and read magazines including Kerrang,My media consumption

I watch five to ten hours of TV a week, most of which is made up of films via Film 4 other channels that may show films on occasion. While at home (away from RNC) I will listen to morning news programs while having breakfast or talking to my parents or siblings. I read newspapers a lot less than I used to, perhaps once or twice every few weeks in comparison to when I am at home or even while I was in 6th Form when I read I every day. Most of my news comes from the radio which similarly I have listened to less since coming to RNC, I listen perhaps once or twice a week or more if it is on in the background, often Kerrang. I regularly buy and read magazines including Kerrang, White dwarf and other topical magazines covering music, games and other media. I only go to the cinema once or twice a year, despite taking an interest in a number of recent films e.g. Man of Steel, World War Z and The Evil Dead. The last film I saw was Kick Ass 2, on the other hand I watch films via DVD on and almost daily basis; mostly horror, sci-fi and fantasy films as well as some action films and comedy films though comedy films are used as more of a back ground to what I am doing. I listen to CDs daily while just relaxing though often while reading, drawing, writing or putting together/painting models.  I use the internet on a daily basis in order to access most of the above media as well as to access social networks and forums.
I try to access the news at least once a week in order to keep on top of what is happening internationally as well as nationally, I mostly use the BBC as it is while still largely biased still rather impartial and reliable. I take no interest in soaps so there for can say nothing about them. I enjoy documentaries though watch more at home than I do at RNC, these include Air Crash Investigation, Sons of Guns and anything on the unexplained. I only watch a few sitcoms, most of which I only know about because of their over popularity e.g. friends. I do however thoroughly  enjoy friends and The IT Crowd mostly because their references to geek culture and even then I only watch them if they are on. The same can be said for comedies, I watch Live at the Apollo if it is on but the only two comedy programs I actively look forward to watching are Russell Howard’s Good News and Mock the Week simply because I am informed of the fast weeks news and get some laughs out of it at the same time. I don’t watch any quizzes or game shows as they bore me. I watch Kerrang regularly while at home in the background but I don’t watch any specific music programs. I don’t watch any arts programs. I watch several TV dramas though mostly through streaming websites, these most commonly include: Supernatural, The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. I often hear radio dramas while having my hair cut but take no interest in them as they often seem bland.
Most of my media consumption is done alone as it is what I prefer in order to take in as much as I can. I will sometimes watch movies with friends but usually if I have already seen it.
One of my favourite series is Supernatureal, I like it because of the time and effort taken to research the several paranormal phenomenon that go into each series as well as the well timed sarcastic humour and relatable characters.
A program I don’t like is The X Factor as I despise it’s promotion of pre formulated, manufactured music as well as its predictability and the fact of how overly “set up” it is.
I don’t think I have very typical media habits in comparison to the public and other students at RNC, and this in part is what I aim for. I think this way because of the overall popularity of programs such as the X Factor. Though in terms of the comedy I enjoy I would say that I do fit into the majority.
White dwarf and other topical magazines covering music, games and other media. I only go to the cinema once or twice a year, despite taking an interest in a number of recent films e.g. Man of Steel, World War Z and The Evil Dead. The last film I saw was Kick Ass 2, on the other hand I watch films via DVD on and almost daily basis; mostly horror, sci-fi and fantasy films as well as some action films and comedy films though comedy films are used as more of a back ground to what I am doing. I listen to CDs daily while just relaxing though often while reading, drawing, writing or putting together/painting models.  I use the internet on a daily basis in order to access most of the above media as well as to access social networks and forums.
I try to access the news at least once a week in order to keep on top of what is happening internationally as well as nationally, I mostly use the BBC as it is while still largely biased still rather impartial and reliable. I take no interest in soaps so there for can say nothing about them. I enjoy documentaries though watch more at home than I do at RNC, these include Air Crash Investigation, Sons of Guns and anything on the unexplained. I only watch a few sitcoms, most of which I only know about because of their over popularity e.g. friends. I do however thoroughly  enjoy friends and The IT Crowd mostly because their references to geek culture and even then I only watch them if they are on. The same can be said for comedies, I watch Live at the Apollo if it is on but the only two comedy programs I actively look forward to watching are Russell Howard’s Good News and Mock the Week simply because I am informed of the fast weeks news and get some laughs out of it at the same time. I don’t watch any quizzes or game shows as they bore me. I watch Kerrang regularly while at home in the background but I don’t watch any specific music programs. I don’t watch any arts programs. I watch several TV dramas though mostly through streaming websites, these most commonly include: Supernatural, The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. I often hear radio dramas while having my hair cut but take no interest in them as they often seem bland.
Most of my media consumption is done alone as it is what I prefer in order to take in as much as I can. I will sometimes watch movies with friends but usually if I have already seen it.
One of my favourite series is Supernatureal, I like it because of the time and effort taken to research the several paranormal phenomenon that go into each series as well as the well timed sarcastic humour and relatable characters.
A program I don’t like is The X Factor as I despise it’s promotion of pre formulated, manufactured music as well as its predictability and the fact of how overly “set up” it is.
I don’t think I have very typical media habits in comparison to the public and other students at RNC, and this in part is what I aim for. I think this way because of the overall popularity of programs such as the X Factor. Though in terms of the comedy I enjoy I would say that I do fit into the majority. White dwarf and other topical magazines covering music, games and other media. I only go to the cinema once or twice a year, despite taking an interest in a number of recent films e.g. Man of Steel, World War Z and The Evil Dead. The last film I saw was Kick Ass 2, on the other hand I watch films via DVD on and almost daily basis; mostly horror, sci-fi and fantasy films as well as some action films and comedy films though comedy films are used as more of a back ground to what I am doing. I listen to CDs daily while just relaxing though often while reading, drawing, writing or putting together/painting models.  I use the internet on a daily basis in order to access most of the above media as well as to access social networks and forums.
I try to access the news at least once a week in order to keep on top of what is happening internationally as well as nationally, I mostly use the BBC as it is while still largely biased still rather impartial and reliable. I take no interest in soaps so there for can say nothing about them. I enjoy documentaries though watch more at home than I do at RNC, these include Air Crash Investigation, Sons of Guns and anything on the unexplained. I only watch a few sitcoms, most of which I only know about because of their over popularity e.g. friends. I do however thoroughly  enjoy friends and The IT Crowd mostly because their references to geek culture and even then I only watch them if they are on. The same can be said for comedies, I watch Live at the Apollo if it is on but the only two comedy programs I actively look forward to watching are Russell Howard’s Good News and Mock the Week simply because I am informed of the fast weeks news and get some laughs out of it at the same time. I don’t watch any quizzes or game shows as they bore me. I watch Kerrang regularly while at home in the background but I don’t watch any specific music programs. I don’t watch any arts programs. I watch several TV dramas though mostly through streaming websites, these most commonly include: Supernatural, The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. I often hear radio dramas while having my hair cut but take no interest in them as they often seem bland.
Most of my media consumption is done alone as it is what I prefer in order to take in as much as I can. I will sometimes watch movies with friends but usually if I have already seen it.
One of my favourite series is Supernatureal, I like it because of the time and effort taken to research the several paranormal phenomenon that go into each series as well as the well timed sarcastic humour and relatable characters.
A program I don’t like is The X Factor as I despise it’s promotion of pre formulated, manufactured music as well as its predictability and the fact of how overly “set up” it is.

I don’t think I have very typical media habits in comparison to the public and other students at RNC, and this in part is what I aim for. I think this way because of the overall popularity of programs such as the X Factor. Though in terms of the comedy I enjoy I would say that I do fit into the majority.

No comments:

Post a Comment